Thomas J. Lutkewitte
Mr. Lutkewitte has been with Favret, Demarest, Russo & Lutkewitte since 1973, primarily handling commercial recovery and litigation matters in State and Federal Court in Louisiana.
Tom has represented creditors throughout Louisiana for over 39 years and has extensive experience in all forms of recovery, including construction claims and litigation. In that regard, Mr. Lutkewitte has also represented creditors in bankruptcy matters, both secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 corporate reorganization proceedings as well as bankruptcy adversary litigation in such areas as the ranking and determination of liens and objections to discharge.
In connection with the representation of various bank clients, Mr. Lutkewitte has also acted as defense counsel for various banks for the past 25 years in matters involving lease claims and a significant number of defense matters for claims asserted against the banks for forgery and other fraud related matters.
- Loyola University New Orleans, BA 1970
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, JD 1973
- 1971, Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- America Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- Commercial Law League of America
- Louisiana Bank Counsel
- Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent
- New Orleans Best Lawyers, 2013, Commercial Litigation