Conor T. Lutkewitte
Conor Lutkewitte is a shareholder in the firm’s business and commercial litigation group. Conor received his Juris Doctor from Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law in 2012, graduating cum laude. At Loyola, Conor received the James V. Bologna award for Excellence in Property law as well as excellence awards for Creditor’s Rights and Bankruptcy and Evidence. In 2010, Conor studied Comparative Legal Systems and Judicial Process abroad at the University of Vienna School of Law. Prior to law school, Conor graduated from Louisiana State University where he received a Bachelor of Arts in History. Conor remains active in volunteer and fundraising endeavors throughout his hometown of New Orleans.
Specialized Loan Servicing, L.L.C. v. January, 12-2668 (La. 6/28/13), 119 So.3d 582
- The Louisiana Supreme Court resolves Circuit Split and adopts the majority view of Uniform Commercial Code jurisdictions in holding that the “Discovery Rule” of Contra Non Valentem does not operate to suspend prescription of a cause of action for the conversion of a negotiable instrument.
- Thames v. Thames, 50,639 (La. App. 2 Cir. 5/18/16), 196 So.3d 653, writ denied, 2016-1066 (La. 9/23/16)
- FMB Development, L.L.C. v. Hibernia National Bank, 2016-1057 (La. App. 4 Cir. 7/12/17), 224 So.3d 431
- Szyller v. Capital One, N.A., 17-5153, 2018 WL 4932058 (E.D. La. Oct. 11, 2018)
- Super Lawyers: 2017-2020, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in New Orleans, LA
- Best Lawyers in America since 2018, with special designations, during 2019 or a year prior, in Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Business Transactions, Commercial Litigation, and Litigation-Banking and Finance.
- Top Attorneys: Outstanding Young Lawyers in Louisiana, 2017-2019
- Professionalism in the Legal Industry: A Millennial’s Perspective, Louisiana Bankers Association Bank Counsel Conference, December 7, 2017
- Louisiana State University, B.A., 2008
- Loyola Law School, J.D., Cum Laude, 2012
- Admitted in 2012: Louisiana
- United States District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
Professional and Civic Activities
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association, Bankruptcy and Debtor/Creditor’s Rights and Real Property Law Committees
- Federal Bar Association
- A.P. Tureaud Inn of Court
- Louisiana Bankers Association: Bank Counsel Board Member
- Commercial Law League of America
- Jefferson Bar Association